February 12, 2013 by
Local Events, News
Total Performance Sports is excited to once again throw its support behind the Devonport Triathlon. This year will be the 28th year the world-class event has been held. Each year it attracts many of the world’s best triathletes, top junior racers and top age-groupers.
It’s the premier triathlon event not only on the North-West Coast, but the whole of Tasmania.
This year, Total Performance Sports will play host to two top professional triathletes when they visit the store .
Australian Olympian and 2012 men’s winner Brendan Sexton and American triathlete Gwen Jorgensen (in her first visit to Tasmania) will be in-store on Friday February 22, 2013 from 2pm to meet and greet customers. Drop into the store and meet them and you may just pick up some handy tips on the way.
A little about Brendan Sexton:
- 2012 Devonport triathlon champion
- 2012 Olympian
- 10 time Australian representative
- ITU Oceania Champion
- Multiple ITU World Cup podiums
- First job to support my early tri career included walking Crown St mall (Wollongong) in a pink pig suit handing out pamphlets for lunch specials at Hogs Breath Cafe
A little about Gwen Jorgensen:
- From St. Paul, Minessota USA
- 2012 Olympian
- Loves to try new foods, eating, and cooking
- Plays the violin
- Came to Australia to escape the cold weather and train with the NSWIS triathlon group
- “This will be my first time in Tasmania and I can’t wait to enjoy some good food and beautiful ocean views. I am also hoping I’ll be able to understand Australian accents by the end of my trip in Australia.”
- 5k run PB is 15:52
- “I’m excited to test my fitness and speed in the sprint race.”
Don’t forget: These two champion athletes will be in the store from 2pm on Friday February 22, 2013!
Visit www.devonporttriathlon.com.au for more information about this locally iconic race.